Christ the Cornerstone Preschool
Christ the Cornerstone Preschool assists parents in nurturing and enriching the lives of their children through a caring program. The choice of half day or full day classes provides an excellent readiness program for two, three, and four year old children.
The study program includes:
- Bible Studies
- Reading Readiness (Phonics)
- Thematic Unit Studies
- Learning Centers
- Language Development
- Physical Education
Christ the Cornerstone Preschool was established to provide a balanced program of educational experience and a nurturing Christian environment for children two, three, and four years of age. Recognizing the importance of balanced growth, our staff will provide the opportunity for intellectual, emotional, physical, creative, social, and spiritual development of your child. The Board of Christian Education has chosen the Abeka Christian curriculum and the Concordia religion series to achieve these goals.
Childhood is a time for fun, but also a time for learning. It is a time for developing new relationships with the world and the people in it, for exploring, and becoming independent, and meeting a whole range of new challenges. Every child is given the opportunity to develop his/her abilities in the same measure as the Lord has blessed him/her. At Christ the Cornerstone Preschool, early Christian Education makes a difference.
The goals of Christ the Cornerstone Preschool are to encourage children to:
- Interact with peers and adults in a respectful manner
- Develop readiness skills in reading, writing, science, and math concepts
- Develop small and large motor skills
- Write their name using upper and lower case letters
- Become familiar with the alphabet and consonant sounds
- Participate in dramatic, free, imaginative, and organized play
- Develop an appreciation of the arts through singing, art processes, story-telling, circle time, and creative movement
Preschool children will receive evaluations during the year. A progress report will be sent home towards the end of the school year for the Pre-Kindergarten students entering Kindergarten the following school year.