Summer Program 2016
Christ the Cornerstone Academy is offering a great summer program for students who have completed Kindergarten through those who have completed 8th grade. The 2016 summer program is filled with academic review, field trips, a summer musical, and more!
The morning session will include refreshers in reading and math as well as music and enrichment. The enrichment activities may include computers, cooking, along with arts and crafts.
For your convenience, below is a list of documents you can download that will help you through the summer program enrollment process. If you have any questions, or need assistance completing the documents, please contact one of our office staff members at (858) 566-1741 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Here to Download One PDF with All Documents
- Registration Form
- Emergency Contact Form
- Field Trip Permission Slip
- Vehicle Safety Form
- Sunscreen Permission Slip
- Electronics Permission Slip
- Supplies List
June 20 - June 24, 2016
This year we will be offering Vacation Bible School for one week; June 20 - June 24 from 9am to 12noon tuition free. The theme this year is "Barnyard Roundup - Jesus Gathers Us Together." Should you need child care from 7am - 9am, the daily rate will be $3.00 per half hour. The afternoon rate from 12noon to 6pm will be $30 per day.
June 27 - August 12, 2016
School opens at 7am. We have devotions every morning from 8:10am - 8:30am. Classes start promptly at 8:30am. Recess is from 10:00am - 10:30am. The morning session is over at 12noon. Lunch is at 12noon.
Students who have completed 4th grade or above and who are signed up for at least four consecutive weeks will work on the ALEKS Computer Math in their summer program. This program allows for individualized math learning and will cost $25.00 for one month or $35.00 for two months.
Schedule is subject to change depending on class sign-ups. Occasionally an afternoon field trip may leave prior to 12 noon. For those students who are here for the half day morning academic sessions, a teacher will remain with these students to finish the academic work for the day.
The afternoon session is from 12 noon to 6:00pm.
Field trip locations include Mira Mesa Bowl, San Diego Ice Arena, Ned Baumer Swimming Pool, Torrey Pines State Beach, Museum of Music in Carlsbad, Penasquitos Adobe Ranch House, and additional TBD field trips. As always, our field trips are dependent on parent involvement. Parents have always been a great asset to our school and CTCA wants to thank you for such devotion.
Our field trips will take us to many exciting places. When we go on these trips, various items will be needed for your child:
- Booster Seat: All children under the age of 8 years old require a booster seat. Please put your child's name on it and place it by the lunch tables in the courtyard.
- Swimming and Water Days: Your child will need to bring: sunscreen, a swimsuit, towel, hat, and they may bring flip flops (they can not wear flip flops to school - change into them at field trip destination and take them off when returning to school). Once back at school, they will change into their regular dry street clothes. Please put your child's name on every item they bring. We can keep their sunscreen in a bucket at school as long as each one is labeled with the child's name.
- Outdoor Field Trips: For any field trip where we will be outside most of the day, children need to bring: water bottles, sunscreen, hats, and a small lightweight backpack. They should also wear light colored clothing as lighter colors do not attract as much heat as dark colors.
- Ice Skating: Please have your child wear knee length socks, long pants, long sleeved shirts, jackets, and mittens or gloves.
- Bowling: Please have your child wear a pair of socks to be eligible to rent shoes. They may also bring some money to purchase one or two items from the snack bar.
- Bike & Scooter Day: Children must bring and wear helmets at all times while riding. Children must obey all of the traffic rules or they will lose the privilege of riding for the day.
There is a time for everything, and everything on earth has its special season. Ecclesiastes 3:1